Sunday 3 July 2011

Our Down Under Blog - Rita Stella Galieh

SOUTH THAILAND. My DH and I in front of Cat & Mouse bronze statue. A Thai traditional legend. Funny thing - at the foot of the tree a real Siamese cat appeared in the photo, but we don't recall seeing it at the time. Scary! We travel each year to Thailand where we minister in high schools, prisons, hospitals, shopping malls and churches. Wherever our Thai interpreter arranges the venues.
To introduce myself:  I am a writer of the Historical Romance genre. I like to add a bit of intrigue and adventure.to my novels. Ark House Press published Fire in the Rock a couple of years ago. My next, Book I of the Watermark Women Trilogy, will be released in Sept. Its title is Signed, Sealed, and Delivered. How could she believe in her future when she couldn't forget her past?

My writing journey has been a long one. I began with lyrics for songs, then radio scripts, then finally began a book. I learned to write on that one. I must have rewritten it several times. It helped when I joined American Christian Fiction Writers as this organization has online classes which I'd highly recommend to writers. I have a website www.ritastellagalieh.com and blog, http://inspirationalromanceblogspot.com  Maybe we could discuss all aspects of writing in this new blog like Point of View, scene structure, theme etc. We can only improve by writing, writing, writing, and learning from our mistakes. Most of all ... persevere!

9 comments:

  1. Can't wait for your next book, Rita, and am looking forward to hearing from all the other writers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rita,
    Thailand's very dear to our hearts. Our youngest was born in Bangkok when we lived there in 1998. We can't wait to take him back again sometime soon and show him where we lived and where he spent the first 6 months of his life.
    Blessings
    Dorothy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Margaret.I'm looking forward to catching up with our Aussie writers, too

    Well, so you have a Thai guy, Dorothy! Were you in some ministry there, or tourists? We love our Thai friends and stay with them as our home base before travelling out to tribal areas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband was there on business. We went across as a family with two small kids and came home with three! Lots of fun and great memories!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that Siamese cat, Rita. I had a good squint at the photo when I read this post and he looks so incrutable and wise. Really interesting statue too.
    Like you, I'm looking forward to lots of good discussion on this blog.
    Blessings,
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rita, it's great that you and your husband have the opportunity to minister in Thailand. I love the photo and I'm looking forward to reading Signed, Sealed, and Delivered :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to know your next book will be published, Rita. And I'd like to add, "about time too for this friend of yours who wants to read it!"
    Great to see so many Aussie authors here. Right now I'm too committed with other projects at this time to be able to accept the offer to be a regular contributor here, but I'm looking forward to sharing with you all as much as I possibly can.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the encouraging comments, girls! Can't help feeling excited we've got our own blog going!Maybe one day we can all meet face-to-face. Ah, but the tyranny of distance here in OZ!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Rita,

    Love the picture, you both look very relaxed and happy. It's wonderful to see you here, and I look forward to reading your books!

    Lee

    ReplyDelete