Running a Christian publishing house has a lot of advantages:
- I get to read some great new manuscripts
- I get to work with and support new, aspiring and established authors
- The books we publish are often suitable for a range of markets and make great gifts for our friends and family... reaching more Aussie readers.
- It is a wonderful experience to get behind authors and get their inspiration to readers
- I don't really enjoy saying no when authors submit, but sometimes we do have to, unfortunately there are a lot of manuscripts out there
- It is a changing industry, what is going to happen next? ebooks, digital printing and so on... this could also be an advantage, but there is lots to watch to see what to do next and what to focus on.
- Running a business has its own challenges and all Aussie authors are still working for real breakthrough in Australia.
So when asked why I started it, I guess my answer is "If God is for us who can be against us, so why not!?" And I have found I like publishing more than writing most days! It is a privilege to work with so many Aussie writers.