Friday 21 June 2013

SCRIPTING a FIVE MINUTE RADIO PROGRAM

It's a challenge. A continual challenge. Often when I think I'm completely out of ideas, at he last moment I'll see something on TV, or somebody will make a comment and it get's my mind into gear.

You see, after many years of producing a fifteen minute program, we've just begun a new one five minute we've named VANTAGE POINT. It begins in the secular and gives the Bible answer to issues that are on people's minds. I guess it's something like 'casting your bread on the waters' because only the Lord knows who will be listening at a time when they might need to hear a message that has the potential to change their life. Or perhaps encourage someone to take a stand, or explain something from God's point of view.

Even so, it would be wonderful if anyone of you in our writing fraternity would share an idea that's on your mind that could make a great five minute script. Oh, I know we're all busy, writing, editing, marketing, and so on, but something you have thought about, or even more exciting...a rough SCRIPT would be an extraordinary gift to help get the message out. We've heartily embraced this commitment, and how wonderful if you feel led to have a share in this great outreach.



At present we are heard on scores of FM stations throughout Australia. So, like the man in Macedonia in Paul's vision, I can also say 'Won't you come over (via email) & help us?'

Rita Galieh is also a novelist with two books published and two now being looked at by Even Before Publishing an Australian publisher.

If you'd like to contact Rita about this, her email is:  ritagal  (at)  optusnet  (dot) com  (dot) au

9 comments:

  1. I honour you, Rita and George, for continuing to persevere and keep on producing your radio programs. Well done! If I get any bright ideas, I will send them your way, but somehow I think I'll too wordy a person to write five minute spots! God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jo. You can be as wordy as you like. When we write we're always too long...so out comes our editor's hat and presto, the script works out time-wise.

    BTW we work with sports timers. The idea is for two voices so it doesn't become a monologue. It's just like writing dialogue. Good practice for you fiction writers out there!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless you Rita for what you are doing through your radio programs. I would be glad to send something through sometime in the next few weeks. I have plenty of ideas - but the time to write them all is lacking! :) Would be glad to write one though since it is right up my street and what I love doing. Let me know any guidelines and length of the script.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's generous, Anusha. An answer to prayer! Just email me, to address above, then I'll reply & I'll either post you a CD, or a couple of scripts as examples(if you give me your address.) If time is a worry, it doesn't have to be a full script, just the gist of the subject then the spiritual application.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the fourth time I have tried to leave a comment so hopefully this one will work. Sounds a great idea Rita. Which FM stations if any on South Coast NSW have taken it on board? Would love to listen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As soon as I find out from our production manager Dale, I'll let you know.

      Delete
  6. Hope you'll get many ideas rolling in, Rita. It's an important ministry, and I am sure the Lord will give you what is needed. Have also passed this post on to a couple of people outside of this writers' circle :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marg. I even had a missionary lady in Africa contact me.

      Delete